As parents, we tend to think a lot about the overall cognitive development of the kids -along with their overall health and nutrition, emotional and social intelligence, fitness, hobbies, and various other skills. However, it is only a rare instance that we indulge in discussions around the kids’ feet and the overall healthy foot development -crucial to ensure long-term benefits for the entire health.
It is indeed a tough decision to buy kid’s shoes -especially online. However, with leading platforms featuring shoes for kids like Campus Shoes, it is easier to browse through the vast collection of shoes for kids in all sizes, designs, colors, and patterns. When you are buying shoes for your kids, it is imperative to consider multiple factors like size, design, shape, fabric, and so more. The primary objective should be to purchase shoes for kids that are comfortable and flexible enough to help them explore their surroundings freely without any discomfort due to their shoes.
Importance of Buying the Right Shoes for Kids
It is essential to buy the right shoes for kids to support their comfort and growth. With the right pair of shoes, your child can quickly learn balancing and skillful movements without initiating the risk of common problems like ankle or knee pain, deformities, calluses, or bunions.
With properly-fitted shoes, you can ensure unhindered development of your kids while ensuring the right amount of space as well as support to help with optimum foot development. Did you know that an increasing number of children develop foot-specific problems at a later point of life as they continue wearing ill-fitted shoes? Therefore, it is imperative for you to buy kid’s shoes online that are right to wear from the beginning itself.
How to Buy Kid’s Shoes Online?
Children might require a new pair of shoes almost every 3-4 months. The frequency at which you replace their shoes will depend on how active your child is and how quickly their feet are growing. Kids’ feet grow in spurts. Children of the age range 2-3 years grow around one and a half foot size almost every 4 months. At the same time, children above the age of 3 years tend to experience an increase of one and a half foot size every 6 months.
Some of the core considerations to look into while buying kids’ shoes online are:
Be attentive to the depth, width, and length of the shoes while fitting the shoe of your child. Shoes that are poorly fitting can lead to major toe problems, calluses, bunions, hammertoes, and ingrown toenails. Some of the key points to remember while checking the fit of shoes are:
- If the shoe features a removable insert, take the insert out. Make your child stand on the insert to offer a sense of how much room is present there. With the heel of your child at the insert’s back, there should be a space of around half an inch between the front of the insert and your kid’s toes.
- If the inserts are not removable, make your child put on the shoe while pressing down on the front of the footwear. You should be capable of fitting the tip of your finger between the shoe’s front and your kid’s toes.
- Look into the depth of the shoe to ensure that the shoe’s top is not pressing on the toenails or the toes.
- Search for kids’ shoes featuring rounded toe boxes to allow their toes more room to move around.
It is important to note that the fitting of kids’ shoes should be comfortable from the start.
Shoes have four core components:
- Upper Part: It is made out of different materials like leather, mesh materials, canvas, and so more. As children’s feet sweat significantly, the upper part of the footwear should be made out of a breathable material -like canvas or mesh. Avoid sturdy materials like plastic.
- Insole: Ensure that the insole of the shoes is made out of absorbent materials. You would like to opt for padded insoles.
- Outer Sole: It is responsible for providing cushioning, traction, and flexibility to the shoe. Avoid buying shoes with thick and sticky outer soles as they might lead to falls and stumbles.
- Heel: Kids do not need heels on their shoes. The presence of flat outer soles makes it easier for the kids to start walking. Older kids can still wear heels, but not too high. It is because taller heels can make the foot slide forward while cramping the toes against the shoe’s inside.
#Finding the Right Shoes
For school-aged children, style and fit are the most important concerns. At the given age, school-age kids can think of choosing from a myriad of options -ranging from sandals to aesthetic shoes, hiking shoes, sports shoes, and so on. While shopping for shoes for school-aged kids, it is recommended to look into flexible, reasonably-priced, and well-ventilated shoes that deliver ample room for growth.
#Durability and Quality
The quality of kids’ shoes will make a major difference. When you purchase a quality pair from a leading online store like Campus Shoes, it will be beneficial for the overall health of your child. Low-quality footwear pieces are not durable and do not support feet effectively. More often, they fall apart easily before your child has grown into them.
Out of different shoe materials, canvas and mesh materials are highly recommended for kids’ shoes. It is because of their overall durability and breathability.
Flexibility is of immense importance in kids’ shoes because their feet are still growing. They need to be capable of molding to the natural movement of the kids’ feet without inhibiting their growth. The shoes you buy should be flexible enough for walking. At the same time, they should be thick enough while featuring ample traction to prevent slippage.
Also read: How to Make Your Running Shoes Last Longer?
Buy the best range of kids’ shoes online at Campus Shoes -your one-stop destination for top-quality shoes for little feet.